e mërkurë, 3 mars 2010

Jim Bunning Meets Warren Rudman


"Hey Jim!, remember me?" said Warren Rudman to Jim Bunning.  Warren was visiting the Capitol building the other day and just happened to run into his old colleague!

Warren: Boy, that was some daredevil grandstanding you did the other day!  Bunning: Huh?  What do you mean?

Warren: I mean, if you had been the guy blocking the Emergency Exit on an airplane in a disaster, the other passengers would have torn you to pieces!  They probably would have clawed out your eyes first, and torn you open from scrotum to lip!  Whew!  Can't say that I would blame them... You got some major cohones, amigo!

Bunning just stared icily, as if in some hate-filled fog, at his old colleague.

Warren: Don't get me wrong!  If you recall, I tried to fight deficit spending too!  With Hollings and Gramm!  Hey!  Remember that!?

Bunning just stared blankly at Warren, his mouth open slightly.  Warren thought he saw some dribble coming out of the corner...  (Cheeze Whiz! Warren thought, is he going Gaga, developing senile dementia, or what!?  And I thought Bachmann was bad...)...

Warren: You mean you don't remember my tirades over entitlement spending in the late '80's?  Remember I even resigned my office over the same thing!

Bunning just kept staring with a quizzical look on his face.

Warren: I suppose you're right...in a way...nobody remembers my work - not even Gramm - and especially not *that big loudmouth dope on Hardball! (*IF this were Rudman or Bunning talking...)

Warren: Look, what I'm trying to say, is that you're right about deficit spending!  You just have very bad timing...you don't turn off the fire hydrant when the house is burning down!   You don't do grandstanding in an emergency, Nero!   Cheeze whiz!  Look its like this...Warren was following Bunning into the elevator...

Bunning: Excuse me!  This elevator is for Senators only!

Warren: But I am a Senator!  I'm an ex-Senator!  I'm a colleague!  They'll want to see me!  I have an appointment...

Bunning: Sorry.  (Bunning backs away and the doors close leaving Warren Rudman outside).

Warren (alone): MAN!  What an OuchebagDay!!

Bit.ly: http://bit.ly/aRvVGw

FOM: Deal with GOP Senator ends one-man blockade, Jobless furious with Bunning and Kyl

Nuk ka komente: